Over the years I have learned a lot about myself on a metaphysical and spiritual level. I have learned a lot about how the world works in general and how things work for me in particular. I am still learning new things as I go along, but there is a lot I already know. So much of my journey over these years has been about figuring it out as I go along.
I do quite a lot of work that I just don’t talk about because of the personal or sensitive nature of things. That work has helped me learn quite a bit about myself, but there are a lot of things that I wish I had some advice or a guidebook on. No matter how many books or posts I find on astral work, there is never one that covers all of these things I have learned about myself and the way things work for me and the things I know about this world.
This post came about because I made a simple realization about the way my energy works. For the most part I always had that idea in my mind about how things work for me, but often it is at a subconscious level and I don’t think about it. I just do it and understand it. But they are always fun moments when I do think about it and have those sudden epiphanies. So, because of that, I wanted to write a little blurb about things I have learned over the years about how energy works for me.
- My dreams often give hints to past lives, parallel lives, astral work, and other weird things that I can’t entirely explain. And over the years I’ve learned to pay more attention to them, sift through to determine what sort of dream it is, and use that information for my personal growth.
- Astral travel, for me, does not often involved “out-of-body experiences.” Usually it happens during my sleep or meditation when I sit down to do it.
- I don’t black out or lose connection to my body when I channel another or let past lives take over my body when I go do astral work. A part of my consciousness always stays with my body. This makes it harder, sometimes, to recall my metaphysical and astral work but it doesn’t mean it isn’t real or didn’t happen.
- Writing helps me pull memories from past lives and astral work.
- I don’t need to remember all details of things on the astral to know I’ve done my astral work.
- I am better at remembering things than I give myself credit for and usually it has to do with laziness or lack of sitting down to remember that is the reason for my not remembering.
- The main means for me to feel and manipulate energy is through my hands and threads.
- I am more proficient at shielding and energy work than I realized ten years ago.
- I am good at walling people off.
- I can be very low-key with my energy to where others won’t notice me or be able to find me unless I want them to. This is why I was never attacked or hunted like others were.
- But on the flip side of that, because of my elemental energy, I am able to charge other people’s abilities and essential give them power ups. When I want I can project a lot of energy. I am constantly producing energy that I can loan out and everything. Although I sometimes do feel drained.
- Every now and then I need to discharge my energy from my hands, through activity, or grounding to maintain balance since I do create a lot of energy (even if it can be low-key). Sometimes that involves astral fight club.
- I can use different clair abilities, but they work a little differently and some take more practice to develop.
- I can do tarot and divination really well and do not need someone “who knows how to put the energy into the cards” to do it.
- I don’t need to know all the details of how I work to be able to do them.
- On the same lines, I don’t have to always consciously create/do something for it to happen (like shielding).
- I have some technopathic abilities because of my electricity element. So I can make technology work better, although there are times when I overload electronics.
- My mood can affect the way I work my energy.
- I pick up more psychically than I realized and I can pull that information later if I need to sift through it.
- I need sleep and food to properly function. I also need sex and to raise and use my energy on a regular basis. Whether it is metaphysical/astral or physical, it needs to occur fairly frequently so that my energy stays balanced.
- I am also a polyamorous panromantic pansexual because of my pixie nature so multiple astral partners sometimes helps with making sure my energy works properly since I do not have a current physical partner.
- I sometimes need to be more people to feel not only energized but also connected. This is partially because I am an extrovert, but also simply because of my energy. While I do like alone time and me time, if I spend too much time alone or isolated, I get weird and unbalanced and need to go out and work with people.
- I am very observant, both psychically and mundanely, and I tend to pick up more things that I am supposed. This makes it easy for me to sense if someone else is being channeled and subtle switches between past lives. Some things I don’t realize I pick up, but I can pull that psychic information later.
- I still don’t pay enough attention to my intuition as I should, but when I do I feel like I do better on my path. I have an innate truth reading ability that helps when I do pay attention.
- This truth reading probably contributes a lot to my ability to figure out things that I am not explicitly told and understand people’s weird motivations for things.
- I have a really good connection to crystals and I am able to identify a lot of them and what purposes they would be good for.
- I can compartmentalize a great deal which helps me maintain an objective view of things. Sometimes this makes me closed off or appear emotionless. Though, today I can get much more emotional and touched by little things than I used to before I began doing all this spiritual work.
Overall, these are things that I have learned about myself over the last ten years. Some are more recent. Some are older. I am sure there are some things I am forgetting. One thing about this, more than anything else, it helps remind me that I am more gifted than I often give myself credit for. That these little things with how my energy works, reminds me I am a very capable witch and I have come a lot further on my path than I often think I have. So, more than anything, this was for me. To give myself credit where I need it.